CAPE Training Consultancy
All training is delivered by skilled trainers experienced in working with children and young people and is grounded in up-to-date research, theory and practice and is child-centred.
All are experienced trainers and familiar with designing and delivering bespoke training to meet the needs of local authorities and multi-agency partners.
Course training materials
All staff are trained to a high standard and are qualified in training development and delivery. Course materials are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure that they are relevant, up-to-date and reflect current statutory requirements.
Course evaluation forms are completed by all participants at the end of training with a focus on agreed learning outcomes, and this feedback is analysed to consider any emerging needs or issues that need to be factored into training.
- Managing a six-year children and young people participation project for Newcastle City Council which included developing groups and forums for children and young people to have their views heard, developing resources, training staff, supporting services and developing strategic approaches.
- Development of a Listening to Young Children Strategy, training programme and toolkit to support listening in Early Years settings.
- Consultation for several Local Authorities gaining the views of children and young people on the services they access.
- Evaluation of services using a multi-method approach to gain the views of service users.
- Multi-method approach including interviews, photography, observations
- Development of focus groups.
- Telephone interviews.
- One to one interviews with children, parents, key workers.
- Facilitated questionnaires to consult with children, parents and service providers.